- Christ-centered caring attention given to the needs and differences of individual and unique children
- Units or themes of interest which integrate Christ-centered language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, the arts
- A Christ-centered environment arranged in learning centers or learning areas (e.g., art center, science center, reading center, dramatic play center, block center)
- A balance of classroom activities that are teacher-directed and child-initiated. These activities may be active or quiet, performed individually or in large and small groups
- A learning process which is active; one in which children interact with each other and materials while engaging in cooperative hands-on learning with day-to-day life experiences
- Christ-centered curriculum which builds upon what children already know and are able to do, to enable them to connect new concepts and skills, integrating Jesus into everything that we do
- Opportunities for exposure to a wide variety of information and literacy experiences and the use of technology through daily activities in the classroom and/or media center
- Interaction with older grade school students; opportunity for Christ-Centered Mentorship
Valley Christian School offers an all day/alternate day Kindergarten. Students meet all day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Benefits to such a program include:
- Students benefit from full day programming, which allows direct instruction and reinforcing activities during each full day.
- Students will be exposed to more assemblies and other school functions.
- Adjustment to first grade is easier in general since socialization to the school setting and the procedures of the full day takes place in kindergarten.
- Provides fewer days of attendance for children not emotionally ready for 5-day attendance.
- Parents report an easier time scheduling child care on alternate days when those days are whole days, not half days.
- The full day schedule allows for multi-sensory learning activities, which discourages stress in the environment.
- Children’s Museum/Science Museum
- Como Zoo/Minnesota Zoo
- Pumpkin Patch/Apple Orchard/Maple Tapping Syrup
- Fire Station
- Medical Clinic/Dentist
- Fish Hatchery
- Interstate Park
- Festival Theatre/Children’s Theatre
- Post Office
- Nursing Home
For more information please contact the school office: (715) 294-3373